Long distance moves is always difficult especially if you are relocating to an unfamiliar place. This can be daunting if you have kids in school as you also need to find a school near your new residence. Moving can be stressful to you but you should never worry because Affordable Assurance Movers is here to assist you.
Long distance moving entails relocating belongings over long distances, sometime even crossing through state lines. Different states have different laws and regulations and this is where Affordable Assurance Movers comes into play. Our desire to help clients move long distances has forced us to acquaint ourselves with different state laws. This has enabled us to guide clients so that they do not get into trouble when moving.
Years of successfully operating local and long distance moves have enabled us to provide the best services to clients, ensuring that they are satisfied and happy when we are through. We have also employed qualified staff to ensure that each item is handled with care so as to minimize damages.
As with every move, a plan is essential to make sure that the move is successful. Long distance moves can be hectic but this should never worry you because Affordable Assurance Movers is always available to help clients. This is why we have provided a detailed what-to-do list to enable you to move without making mistakes or leaving anything behind.
What to do when moving long distance:
- Plan the move. It is always important that you plan your move before you embark on packing. Always do thorough research about the location you are moving to. This is to ensure that you have a clear picture about the place. You can also visit the location and drive around to know the geography of the area. If you have kids, then you need to find a school which is near your premises. Know which items you will be moving with so as to minimize the weight on the truck. This is to minimize the cost as you will be paying the moving company by the weight of your belongings rather than by the hour.
- Purge your belongings. It is important that you purge the items in your possession whenever you are planning to move. This enables you to have a lighter cargo when moving. Remember that your moving cost will be determined by the weight of your belongings instead of by the hour. You can purge your belongings through:
- Organize your belongings. Make sure to arrange each item in your possession according to different categories as you do not want to have a situation where you find a sock or shoe packed together with kitchen utensils.
- Purchase all supplies before you start packing. Make sure to purchase all packing materials and supplies before you begin packing your belongings. You do not want a situation where you leave midway to buy more packing supplies.
- Start packing systematically. Pack your belongings systematically and according to the different categories they belong to. This enables you to account for each item in your house. You can also create an inventory list to ensure that each item is accounted for. Label all boxes according to the room and items in them to avoid confusion when you are unpacking your belongings.
- Contact a moving company. If you have done all of the above, you can contact the moving company which offers you the best rates and services. With all precautions in place, Affordable Assurance Movers will ensure that your belongings are transported safelyto your new address with minimal or no damage.
Affordable Assurance Movers is always ready to assist clients find their required amenities; we have vast knowledge of different geographical areas as we have served different clients relocating to different states.
Discarding items which are of no value
Each item should be organized according to the room or category they belong to. For example, organize all kitchen utensils together and other items in other rooms separately.
- Counter check your inventory list. After all of your belongings have been unloaded from the moving truck, check that everything in your inventory list is delivered. Carefully check for damages.
- If there are any damages, then you need to notify us. You can do this by filling out a complaint form so that we can investigate and initiate a process to reimburse you. Because we realize that our employees are human and there are bound to be mistakes, we have a comprehensive insurance cover ensuring that any damaged items are replaced, thus making the client happy and satisfied.